Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shampoo, Lotion, and Soap, Oh My!

The entire time I was pregnant I swore up and down that my child would never be allowed to sleep in my bed. Fast forward 19 months and here we are with a little one sleeping in between us every night, that was up until three nights ago. Halllujah.

And how did I do it? Let her scream it out for three nights? No, although I'm not denying it might have had to come to that. A week ago I switched her from the all-glorified Johnson and Johnson baby products to California Baby, and that is just too big of a coincidence to refute.

She's never had major skin problems like exzema or weird rashes, but she has scratched herself up pretty badly. I really could not figure it out because I used the right detergent for her and didn't even think her soap might be doing it. I realized that all night she would be scratching her arms, right above her diaper and all around her neck. The doctor noticed how bad it was getting at her last appointment and suggested that I get the hypoalergenic Johnson & Johnson products, however when I started to basic research I found other kids that had the same problems.

I picked up some California Baby Calming Shampoo and Body Wash at Target. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty expensive, but hey anything that's going to make my princess feel better is all worth it.

6.5oz Calming Everyday Lotion - click to enlarge8.5oz Calming Shampoo & Bodywash - click to enlarge

While I was at it, I also picked up the Calming lotion as well. She's been bathing with it everyday and I lotion her up about twice a day. Even though the smell isn't as enticing as Johnson & Johnson lotions, it's still pretty glorious smelling. It has made all the difference and it was totally worth the price. She is no longer scratching and PRAISE JESUS, she is sleeping in her own bed all night; once again I say Hallelujah!

Honestly I had never linked the two concepts in my brain. I thought she just needed to be with us every night or she really liked our super comfy mattress better than hers. Either way, we are all sleeping beautifully now. Thanks California Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment