Saturday, April 6, 2013

2013 Nissan Versa - Middle Console Removal - Not Even Joking ...



So I'm sure you're asking, why the heck is she posting a how to on removing a car's center console?

Well let me set up the story for you. It is Easter morning. We are all scrambling to get in the car and get to the church by 8am, and like usual it's a mad dash. We finally get in the car with all of our accoutrements - 2 adults, 1 toddler, the diaper bag, the sippy cup, the binky, the camera bag, the guitar, the backpack with guitar accessories, the cupcakes, the dip, and other various food items for lunch after church. I realize it's getting pretty late in the morning and I need to take my birth control pill. I ask my husband if he can get it for me, because I'm driving. He proceeds to take out the packet, push the pill out and of course drops it on the parking brake. He yells, "STOP!" Which, of course, I cannot do because we are DRIVING ON THE ROAD (can you tell I'm still a tad bitter). So the pill continues to slide and eventually drops right down one of the holes in the center console. He's saying it's lost forever, I'm saying, no, it's only momentarily out of our grasps.

So yesterday, while on my lunch break, I took it upon myself to get the blessed pill back. I searched and searched. There were no Youtube videos, no real tutorials on how to take this stupid thing apart, so hence, here is the tutorial. It's actually really easy and my 1 year told could have probably figured it out, but nonetheless, here it is.

What You'll Need:

A screwdriver - actually 2 (I have a set that comes with changeable heads). One needs to be a PZ2 and the other needs to be T20.




First take the screwdriver with the PZ2 head and take out the screws in the back by the back cup holders. 



Next take the T20 screwdriver and loosen the plastic screws on either sides of the front cup holders. These are just plastic screws and it only takes a quarter turn and they pop out. Then you'll have to forcibly pull the rest of the plastic pieces out.


And that's it! THen just pull the whole cover off. Mission: Completed! I was able to grab my pill right out of there and then just put everything back on. Have fun!

6 comments:

  1. I had the same problem something fell into my 2015 center console thanks to this tutorial i took it apart and rescued the item that fell into darkness

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it is years and years after you posted this but just so you know, that is not how birth control pills work. you can just take the next one in the pack and you are 100% fine. A lot of work for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually you can... not to mention, there wasn’t much work involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you!!! 😊🙏I just 'lost' my left AirPods down that blasted hole! And YOU ARE GIVING ME HOPE! I shall now go out and do the rescue! Thank you!!!!! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you'll ever see this, but it's 2021 and this is the closest thing to the right instructions I have been searching the internets for...THANK YOU! lol

    ReplyDelete