Tuesday, April 9, 2013

German Pancakes



German Pancakes, what can I say? They are sooo delicious and are definitely my favorite breakfast food. My dad is full German and his mother always made him German Pancakes and German Potatoe Pancakes. I had both growing up, but these are definitely my favorite of the two. I've seen other similar recipes, but none that are exactly like the one I have. They always come out super fluffy and delicious. They are super easy too! Basic ingredients, a blender, and a pyrex pan will get you magic. Everytime I make them I actually make two, so I double the recipe - so my blender will look a lot fuller than yours if you are doing one =]

Pre-heat your oven to 425 and grab your blender and 9 inch round pan. Put the butter in the center of the baking dish and into the oven for the butter to melt.  Beat your eggs first in the blender and then pour in the milk.



Now put in all the rest of your ingredients in and blend. Make sure to scrape down the sides so it's all mixed well. Pour your batter into the center of your pan where the butter melted. The melted butter is what makes the edges rise and brown the way they do.



And now you're ready for the oven. Pop it in for 25 minutes and let the magic begin. When you pull it out it should look fluffy with the edges raised. Stick a knife in the middle to make sure it's done.



We always put butter, powdered sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice on ours, but you can really put any toppings you'd like. I've also done them with fresh strawberries and my husband is a weirdo and cakes them in regular syrup.



German Pancakes

Ingredients
  • 2  tablespoons butter
  • 2  eggs
  • 1  cup flour
  • 1  cup milk
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon vanilla
  •  toppings

No comments:

Post a Comment